Thursday, September 4, 2008

Oy drama. And I just really want to go to sleepzzzzz

I sat straight up in the bed at 5:30am this morning in full Macaulay Culkin panic mode, because I realized that I had spent all day yesterday thinking it was Tuesday, when it was in fact Wednesday. I hadn't turned in any of the Wednesday slides. I was able to quell the panic by realizing that a) the scheduling had been changed, and I wasn't sure when the weekly meetings had been moved to; b) no one had been howling at me through email for not doing them; and c) the meeting wasn't on my electronic schedule in the computer at work yesterday, and it would have been if the meetings were yesterday. When I got to work, I saw that the meetings had been moved to today. So that jolt of morning panic was completely unnecessary. But it sure did wake me up after my late night last night.

Work went pretty smoothly.

After work, I just went to the Chinese buffet and stuffed my face. My plan was to go home and fall into bed. I didn't want to have to fool with cooking and cleaning up.

I ended up talking to a guy that I met on match.com tonight for an hour! He is a talker. I'm not interested in him romantically, but he is a nice guy. He is coming down this weekend just to meet and hang out. I figured if he didn't come, I would just clean house anyway, and I can do that any time, right? That's what I have told myself for the last month, anyway. Any time just doesn't seem to be getting here... There's always next weekend. That's the weekend before I leave for Columbia, so I won't be going out of town. I had thought about trying to get a River's Edge weekend in for my birthday this weekend, but I honestly just wasn't up to it. I haven't felt very sociable. Plus it's so much work packing and stuff. Not to mention the expense. So it looks like I may not get down there again this year while it's still hot enough for volleyball. Only one weekend this year. Sigh. But I still have the beach trip with Mom coming up to look forward to.

Anyway, I got off the phone and got ready for bed. That was when a friend called to tell me about drama going on with another friend. I love them both, so I listened and did what I could to try to be peacemaker. To absolutely no effect, unfortunately. Why can't we all just get along?

No comments: