Sunday, September 28, 2008

A nice Sunday**

I had an unusual visit downtown to start the day today. Ever had one of those moments when you feel as if you had stumbled into a movie set? Well I had one of them this morning.

After that, I went over to White Horse Road, more to walk around than anything. The weather was absolutely glorious, and I didn't feel like doing chores. I didn't find any glass, which was fine since I found such nice things yesterday. While I was out there though, I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. He's an artist, and a really good looking guy. Our paths had just parted several years ago. He ended up coming by the house to visit for a while today, which was really nice. Getting caught up was good.

I also finally remembered to pick up some denture cleaner today. I have read that it is a good way to clean old glass, and I have a distressed piece of old Fire King that has baked-on gook all over it. While I was looking up how much cleaner to use to get it off, I wandered across a site of tips for cleaning cloudy glass. Apparently denture cleaner is also supposed to remove the mineral deposits on "sick" glass (glass that has been washed in a dishwasher in hard water, leaving a film of ugly mineral deposit). I have a little bowl that is sick, so I plunked it into the cleanser to see what would happen. I checked it a few hours later, and nothing had, so I decided to leave it in over night.

Another "cure" for sick glass touted is a generous coating of petroleum jelly, left to set overnight. I figure a good smear of petroleum jelly is good for most anything ;) I have a big Windsor platter that I bought a couple of years ago that has deposits on it, so I smeared it up and left it to sit.

Since I had my clinic for the sick glass going, I decided now would be a good time to get out all the glass I bought over the last couple of weeks, clean it, and get it in the display cabinet. It had been just sitting around the kitchen in bags. I got all the labels removed, and got it all washed up. I got out the beautiful stands I bought in Augusta GA when I was there, and spent a fun hour or so re-arranging the glass in the china hutch and fitting the new stuff in. I love playing with my glass.

I showered up and partially cleaned the shower, then packed up the recycling and headed to the grocery store. I got groceries and emptied the recycling, then came home and started cooking. I decided I didn't want checca sauce, and made a macaroni pie with cut up tomatoes in it instead, since all I've wanted to eat this week is cheese. Then I sat down and figured up how many calories were in it. Apparently, I'm going to be eating 1,400 calorie lunches this week! Yikes!! That is a good recipe though. I got it from a guy's wife that I used to work with, and have been making it to raves ever since.

In between doing all of the above, I had been feeding loads of laundry in and out, and mostly gotten the wash done, and changed the sheets.

I ate dinner while watching the Fox lineup - they had the new shows for Fall starting tonight. Then I packed up my lunches for the week and turned in. Month-end this week at work. And I need to go see Miss Kat this week.

No comments: