Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dinner in Sparkleburg*


Sylvan or "Parrot" sherbert in amber by Federal Glass Company, circa 1931-1932


Quite unexpectedly, I got a text from James today inviting me to dinner in Spartanburg with him and Justin. I was delighted to accept. It's been a heckuva week so far. I'm really glad I went ahead and did the mowing on Monday, so I could go last night with a clear conscience.

We met at Justin's and he gave me the Parrot sherberts he had picked up for me. We then headed over to James's new apartment. They wanted my advice on arranging his new furniture in the best way. I told him what I thought would work, and why, and we tried it. He didn't like it much, but said he'd live with it for a while and see.

After that, it was off to McAllister's Deli for dinner, stereo blaring the soundtrack of "Rent" to all and sundry. James is quite fond of it, and he and Justin know all the parts. Apparently I need to learn them too. We had dinner on the patio since the weather was so wonderfully cool, and we could smoke out there.

Ross's Dress for Less is just around the corner from there, so after dinner we wandered over to look around. I was really glad I didn't find any sheets that I wanted - I already have so many, and don't really need to spend the money right now anyway. However. I did find two pairs of shoes that I really wanted. I'll be spending tomorrow night going to the Ross's in Greenville to see if they have my size in either pair. I also found a really cool t-shirt I'd like to buy. May as well look for it while I'm out. Interesting that these were the first shoes I have found since Michael left that I was really interested in. I finally could buy all the shoes I wanted, and then found I didn't want any for the longest time.

We closed down Ross's, and then adjourned back to the apartments. After some conversation at Justin's, I hung out at James's for a while before heading home. I didn't leave Spartanburg until after 11. I'm going to be dead tomorrow, but it was so worth it. :)

No comments: