Friday, September 19, 2008

Lazy me

When I got off work tonight, I just didn't feel like doing anything. I'm not leaving until tomorrow, but there are some things I really needed to do tonight.

I went to Babies R Us to find a gift, since Lisa said Ava needs clothes more than more toys. Everyone else will be bringing toys anyway. Since she's too young to know who brought what, I figured I would get something she needed. Babies R Us is a major place. If the airlines had marketing like that, they would be doing much better (of course they would then have to pretend that they gave a rat's ass if you lived or died, so I guess it wouldn't work). I was standing in the middle of 8,000 baby dresses, looking for lesbian babywear, since Lisa will have no pink, no frills, no lace, no ruffles. It would do no good to buy them, Lisa wouldn't let her wear them.

Then I saw a whole rack of baby leopard-print coats. Apparently they are putting out a baby hussy line now. Lisa loves leopard stuff. So I called Lisa, and found out she didn't have a coat for Ava for this winter. So that just worked out perfectly.

Since Ava's favorite toy right now is her dad's deer call (*sigh*, I know), I asked about a baby kazoo, or other baby toy you could blow in that would make noise. The guy looked at me like I had lost my mind. So I got a cute bib instead. I was afraid to buy a regular kazoo for fear she would break a plastic one, or hurt herself on a metal one.

After I checked out, I noted that they have a "free" gift wrap station at the front of the store. The paper and tape are free, but the boxes and bows and stuff are for sale. Pretty slick. I was able to wrap the coat and bib I brought with no box, but it looked kind of like a purple potato when I got done. I figure Ava's one, she won't care what the present looks like.

I ran by CVS to get some prescriptions, and got a card there.

The lawn really needs mowing, but I was just plain too damn lazy to do it. Plus the neighbors on either side haven't mowed theirs either, so it's not like mine is sticking out as looking bad. I do feel bad going off for the weekend with it looking the way it does, but apparently not bad enough to do anything about it.

I did a bit of laundry tonight, getting ready to go. I did a bit of packing, but really didn't feel like finishing. I'll do it in the morning. I have been sleepy. I am eating some leftover pizza and going to bed.

No comments: