Monday, September 22, 2008

More drama, and apparently I'm going to be part of it this time *sigh* *

James called me at work today, to tell me that Russ has given him the third degree about our spending time together. I wonder if now I'll be ostrasized too. He made the "dead to me" comment about Justin at the bear party last Thursday.

I did sneak home for lunch today. I needed the time out of the office.

Justin called later, apparently he was out antiquing and found two Parrot sherbert dishes marked for $7 each. That is a deal, since they are worth $20 apiece, so I told him to pick them on up for me even though they're amber, and I have never cared much for the amber glass. I do like that pattern though. It's really unique, and was made only for one year.

I'm dealing with the lawsuit from hell at work. This guy is trying to stiff us for $225K, and decided to counter-sue to make it more painful for us to go after him. I spent about an hour today, off and on, talking to the involved product manager, who is complaining about having to pull up two years of order and pricing history. I'm thinking "welcome to my world". We have to produce the discovery to refute his totally bogus claims. Just the way the system works.

When I got home tonight, I just had to mow the grass before the neighbors burned me in effigy - especially since I'm going to dinner at Dad and Eve's tomorrow, so I won't be able to do it then. The neighbors on either side of me still haven't mowed theirs, but I can't take it any more. The hardest part is getting the mower started. I am vowing a solemn vow to get it serviced when the season is over. I haven't seen the new neighbor at all since the night I went over to tell him his car light was on. That's odd to me. The porch light has been on until yesterday I noticed it was turned off - either that or the bulb burned out. I haven't seen a car over there since the first night. That house has a weird history of people starting to move in and then not moving in. It has been vacant almost as much as it has been lived in since I have been there. I hope that guy didn't change his mind. He seemed nice, and his friend girl was very nice. Plus he was cute. I want that eye candy. For now, it's still a mystery what is going on.

After the mowing, I had a smoke on the porch, showered, and virtuously ate a sandwich and rice cakes for dinner. I watched some of The Daily Show, and some of The Colbert Report. I have to say, Stephen Colbert just gets funnier. I used to think his show was too shrill, but he has found his stride, and is turning out some killer satire at this point. I just hate the interview portions of both shows. It's usually someone lame, and even when it is someone important, they're just on there to sell a book. It does come in handy for doing chores though. I usually wash dishes during the interview portion.

When chores were done, I fooled around on the internet for a bit, then hit the sack. Another long day tomorrow.

No comments: