Thursday, July 31, 2008

I have been sick for two days

with either food poisoning or a stomach virus. I will spare you the details. I went back to work today, tamed my desk, and faced down my boss. You are supposed to be at work at my office, even if you have the plague. Death is an acceptable excuse, as long as you have a note from you doctor.

After taming my desk to a reasonable level of disorder, I left work to go by the store. I needed a few odds and ends, and was down to my last roll of toilet paper. That's all I'll say about that. $60 later, I emerged trimphant with a few things.

I went home and opened a bag of chips for dinner because a) I had been a good boy today; b) I figure I have lost at least a pound this week; and c) what the hell difference does it make how fat I get? I wear my solitude like a blanket, everywhere I go. If the cats care about my size, they can't talk.

I settled in to my latest Sookie Stackhouse book, Definately Dead, which I started today at lunch and almost finished tonight. I just love those books. I can lose myself in them and live vicariously. But there is only one more after this one. Dammit. Fortunately for me, Charlaine Harris is prolific, and I still have the Grave series and the Aurora Teagarden series to read.

I finally made myself stop reading so I could get some sleep. I just still wanted to be Sookie. But tomorrow I have to do month end, Alan is doing his meetings, and he wants the meeting slides by 10:30am. So I have to hit the ground running.

No comments: