Saturday, July 5, 2008

The beautiful dreams continue

One of the things I have noticed lately is that I am dreaming intently. I suppose I am making up for the loss of REM sleep for all those interrupted nights after the surgery. At any rate, last night's was wonderful.

I was in Spain. I had just succeeded in stealing a little Spanish hairdresser from his ex, a conspicuously beautiful and well-known hairdresser who treated him poorly. After hanging around with them for some time, my little guy had finally realized that I cared for him and would treat him much better than this guy, who made him unhappy. My guy was slightly effeminate, but very cute. He had chocolate brown eyes, and crooked teeth that I found endearing.

We had been to eat at a colorful Spanish street festival (delicious seafood paella) , and he left me to cut hair at a temporary booth he was working for the festival. I had enjoyed the festival, and then gone to watch him when he didn't know I was around. I wanted to see him work. I had seen him interact with his customers, who knew his talent. He cared about each one, and brought out their own beauty, while joking with them and making them feel good. The all loved him.

He had just noticed me standing off to the side, and his eyes lit up. He came over to me, and we sat down, him on my lap. He was telling me between kisses how much he adored me when I woke up. Sigh. If only.

Not sure where that one is coming from. From lonliness, sure. But Marvin is Hispanic and small. Could that have been him in the dream? He doesn't do hair. And he has nice teeth. Plus, Lee told me last night that he doesn't think Marvin is really interested in me. Could this have been my sub-conscious packaging some secret affection for Russ? I don't think so. I adore Russ, but we have never been attracted to each other. Maybe that is as close as my sub-conscious can get to working out old feelings for Billy. I had an enormous crush on Billy years before Russ, but I was never Billy's type. I still love Billy, but I would never try to come between him and Russ (not that I could if I wanted to). Maybe my brain is just trying to make me feel better. I have really been feeling like the odd one out lately. It was a lovely dream.

I'm really glad there is another single person coming tonight, even if he isn't interested in me.

No comments: