Friday, July 25, 2008

Gone to Cola

I had to be up at the crack of dawn to go to that (*&*^^#!! quarterly meeting at work. Sometimes I forget it, because it starts a half hour before the office opens, so you have to re-do your whole schedule to get there in time to get in. There aren't enough seats for everyone, so to add insult to injury, you have to be there well before it starts unless you want to stand through the whole thing. It is routinely at least an hour long, and frequently longer, as every department head gives exhaustive presentations on their departments that are for the most part Greek to other departments forced to sit through them. I'm thrilled that the company continues to grow and make money. But I can learn that from an email, and continue doing my part. Even a good Baptist minister knows that after 20 minutes, all anyone can think about is how bad their butt hurts. Since the big boss was in from CA, along with the local president, took up a half hour by themselves, before they even started the dept heads. Fortunately, they ended it after an hour, truncating several of the dept heads. If this is so important for me to know, they can tell me on their time, and not drag me out of bed early. Grump, grump, grump.

I worked, ran through the house to water plants, feed the cats, etc; then hit the road for Columbia.

Dad called on the way down, very upset that he had called Cindy and she wouldn't let him talk to Brenden. I know how it is when you're in the hospital. You start thinking about the people in your life, and want to tell them how much they mean to you. Dad was in a very maudlin frame of mind. Of course, he didn't tell Cindy he was in the hospital, and I was forbidden to, but apparently she was pretty abrupt with him on the phone. I did my best to reassure him, and told him that of course I will visit him next week.

Got to Mom's and Cole was already there. We had a quiet meal of leftovers, since the women she works with have been bringing her food all week. Mom and I talked while Cole played on the computer, but I had to hit the hay. After a long day and the drive down, I was whooped.

No comments: