Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well today I had to go home*

As much as I enjoyed the weekend, I had to go home today. I got up intending to head out early. Apparently I have overdone it more than I realized this weekend, despite the naps. I felt really drug out and tired.

But then Lee suggested I hang out and go shopping. I love to go shopping with Lee. Not only does it take me back and renew our bond - we've been shopping together for about 20 years now - Lee is fabulous shopping luck. He just seems to always know where the good deals are. Plus, I really didn't want to go home anyway, and this was a good way to prolong the weekend.

I got two pairs of cool camoflage lounge pants for about $2.15 each, a ball whisk I have been looking for for several years for $10, and a really cool zip up jacket that had been marked down from $98 to $25. It was a good shopping day. We looked at a new quilted bedspread for my bed on a super deal, but it wasn't machine-washable, and that is just a must for any new bed linens I buy. The cats spend so much time on the bed that I need to be able to wash my new bed cover. Lee got some new napkin rings to add to his collection at a really good price.

We weren't at the mall that long, but I was really wiped. When we got back to his place, I had a bit of lunch, and just felt like weights were hanging off of me. There was no way I could have done the drive home. I lay down on the sofa and took a bit of a nap, and felt much better when I woke up. Clayton reports that I wasn't snoring either - BONUS.

I made the drive home, ran a few errands, and got settled back in. Fortunately, I have some lunches ready for this week, so I don't have to cook tonight. I watched the usual Sunday-night lineup while watering plants, eating dinner, and getting ready for bed, and then turned in. I am really worn out, despite the nap.

No comments: