Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday stuff*

I had a bunch of stuff that needed doing today, since I played all day yesterday.

I got up and had coffee on the porch (yay!) and then went off to the flea market. The unending crapfest continues out there. Nothing even remotely interesting. I didn't get there until 10am though, and some of the tables were empty. Since it was getting hot so fast, I may have missed some of the good stuff. I bought stuff yesterday at the auction though. I got my vegetables and some more local peaches and came on home. In a side note - idiots who talk about "weak" vegetarians have never seen one wrestle 30 pounds of produce through a flea market and back to the car. And probably haven't done it themselves either.

There is one woman over there who always has locally grown things, and she talked me into getting a patty-pan squash this morning, even though I haven't had much luck with them in the past. I cooked it up, but it just didnt' seem to have much flavor to me. I like the yellow summer squash better.

I used up some big, kind of gone-to-seed squash Dad had given me along with some zucchini I bought today for a recipe I found at Lee's. It was a cream sauce with vegetables, but flavored with chile peppers and cumin. So it was kind of like a Mexican primavera, only served over rice. It turned out pretty good.

I took a nap when I got home from the flea market, then went to the library, the grocery store, and cooked, cleaned the kitchen and did laundry until bedtime. I guess I'm ready to face the week.

No comments: