Monday, July 14, 2008

A pizza night

I went by and got a pizza after work tonight. I haven't done that in a while, and I just LOVE that Noble Roman's pizza, and decided I had to have one. I used to get one every Tuesday night, because that was bowling night, so that way dinner would be ready when Michael got home. I have gotten out of the habit because they started moving the special price day around, and then I was gaining weight and decided I didn't need pizza every week. I really do love their pizza though.

Since I used to go in there every single week, I got to know the staff, but as you can imagine, there was a pretty brisk turnover. The exception to that is Kathy, the woman who actually makes the pizzas. Calling ahead sometimes doesn't guarantee that your pie is ready when you get there, particularly on a busy day. So sometimes I would end up standing around waiting, and we started talking, gradually getting to know each other. She is such a sweet woman. So she always hugs me when I come in now, and I ask after her son.

To pay off for eating pizza tonight (which I still don't need), I resolved to run all my errands on the way home. I went to the drug store, the discount market, got gas, and did some laundry when I got home. That made me feel almost justified in reading (I'm reading the second Dexter book by Jeff Lindsay, Dearly Devoted Dexter, and it's good) and playing on the computer in my dusty house. I have to get things straightened up in case any of the LOCK folks end up at the house this weekend. They never do, but hey, the house needs some love. That is as good a motivator as any.

No comments: