Thursday, July 3, 2008

Post-op with the doc

My appointment with the surgeon today went well. He says I'm healing splendidly, and that things couldn't look more the way he wants them to look at this point. He also told me I will have swelling and irritation going away for another three weeks. That is good news for me since it means I will get more comfortable, and my voice will get better. I'm getting kind of tired of sounding like an echo-y snotnose all the time, and my throat still already feels too full of throat to swallow much else when I'm eating. He was also able to remove a dead skin flap that had been bothering me, and I was glad to get rid of it.

He is a very good doctor, but I waited almost an hour to actually see him. This after the difficulty trying to get an appointment. And of course I went through the same thing scheduling the next one. His staff has apparently been told they cannot make an appointment unless it is inconvenient. Either he is really, really busy, or he is out of the office a lot.

More bad news - another @#$!%$$##!!** lack of 'sleep' study. And this after I swore a Scarlett O'Hara vow to never have another. But this one will be to see whether or not I can get rid of the CPAP machine, so I guess it will be worth it. I'm going to make them give me mega-sleep drugs too.

As soon as I got to work, Paul called. It was good to hear from him, but there is little I can offer him in the way of advice. The die is pretty much cast now. And I just can't stomach going over and over family discord if there is nothing to come of it.

No comments: