Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I started my latest Esther Friesner book Nobody's Princess today. No one can accuse her of being a formulaic author. The first one I read, Tempting Fate, was pretty cute and quirky, using Greek gods in a modern setting. I enjoyed it. Apparently the author has a thing about mythology, but that is the only theme I can find. NP is a re-telling of the life of Helen of Troy. Done in modern language, but decidedly set in the appropriate time period. Interesting, but again not what I was expecting. I have descended from reading chick lit down to reading juvenile (or Young Adult) chick lit. Hmmm. Maybe I should turn the TV back on.

After supper, I chatted online for a while. This gorgeous Canadian boy I have been talking to for a while was chatting with me again. I had stopped talking to him because it made my heart hurt, and he was so pretty I didn't feel like it wasn't really helping me get excited about the local guys. I mean, it's hard to get excited about tuna salad when you've been looking at lobster recipes all day. But since there are no tuna in the net, or even on the radar at the mo, I figure what can it hurt. I talked to Justin a bit too, then hit the sheets.

I slept like crap last night, up from 3:30am off and on, so I am pretty wiped.

No comments: