Saturday, July 26, 2008

A busy Saturday

Cole and I got up and went to Starbucks this morning. He loves to go, and I love doing something special for him when I get the chance. We stopped at Panera on the way and picked up breakfast. Those little things they call souffles are really wonderful.

We got home, ate, and then we all got cleaned up and planned the day. We took Mom to the hardware store and to the grocery store (she had prepared food, but was low on staple things). After we got home and unloaded, we went to Blimpie's for lunch. It had rained a bit on the way, and Mom's crutches got wet. When she went into the restaurant, she slipped on the tile and fell, scaring us all half to death. Fortunately, she was only bruised.

After lunch, we dropped Mom at the house and Cole and I went to see WALL*E. It was really good, and definitely a new thing for Pixar. This was by far the most weighted and complex story they have told. It was definitely written on more than one level, and I can understand why some people have felt it was preachy, although I did not. By the time we got out of the movies, it was almost time for supper, so we picked up Mom and went out for seafood. There is a great little seafood place near her house, and I had some really excellent flounder - the best I have had in quite some time.

When we got home, I installed two new shower heads and a new toilet seat for Mom, along with doing some other little stuff she wanted done. Mom introduced me to bids.com, and I kind of wished she hadn't. There is a lot of pretty jewelery on there. I did want some new earrings though...

No comments: