Sunday, July 27, 2008

Finishing up and coming home*

9" Adam vegetable bowl in pink, by Jeannette Glass Company, circa 1932-34


I got Cole up and we went to Starbucks again this morning. I kind of like it we have a "thing" that we do together. We went on to the flea market. There are a couple of good ones in Columbia. I found a beautiful "Adam" bowl, and the guy had it priced at a flea market price (they don't always). I didn't have a peice of Adam, and I have always thought it was a pretty pattern. It is one of the more expensive ones, but I got a great deal. The bowl I bought is easily worth twice what I paid for it.

While I was contemplating going to the other flea market, which is right down the road, Mom called and said we would be meeting Lisa, Carl, and Carl's mother for lunch, and of course they would have the baby with them. We headed for home, and I got cleaned up and helped Mom straighten up a bit. She has been in a cast for 8 weeks already, and would really have preferred that the house look better to have company in.

We met them at a sushi place called Miyo's. Lisa and Carl are very fond of it, and the food is very good. It's kind of a nuveau Japanese menu. It's pretty pricey, but Carl bought my lunch. We had a good meal, and enjoyed visiting with each other. Ava, who is a wonderful baby, was cheerful through the meal, never crying, and not really making a lot of noise either. Our waiter was cute, and gay, but about half my age.

After lunch, we went to Marble Slab for ice cream - ugh - and there was a cute bear guy scooping. He coulda scooped more than my ice cream!

We went back to Mom's place and had a good visit, played with the baby, and just caught up. But about 3:30, I decided I had to go home. I was so tired. By the time I got home and unpacked, I just felt like I was dragging weights. I fixed a very easy supper out of the freezer and went on to bed.

No comments: