Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday monday...


Well I was just lazy today. I wanted to kick my own ass.

I think I'm coming down with something, dammit. And Joe is coming to town this week, and I have a sushi night planned with Russ and Scott. Billy is out of town again this week.

I meant to go to bed early, but I got started watching Catwoman again on cable. It really is a vile movie, but I thought it was hilarious. The CGI was really funny. I think they were trying to make her move like a cat, but the image really just kind of looks like a weird, boneless "jelly-woman" in a lot of the scenes (I'm seeing a drinking game with jello shooters, where everyone yells "Jelly Woman!", but I digress) LOL. I was kind of reminded of Roger Rabbit. I was also trying to think about how I would react if I went out on a first dinner date with someone and they started wolfing down sushi like she did. Whatever my reaction, the guy in the movie didn't do much with that. I thought that scene, and the tuna-eating scene were pretty funny, as was the one where she sees the spider and is scrabbling around in the dirt shortly after her transformation.

Sharon Stone looked gorgeous, and let's face it, Halle Berry was hot in that stuff. I liked the way she effortlessly walked across furniture and walls, although she spent a lot of time squatting. If the fight sequences had been better, I could see getting a copy. I would really enjoy watching her kick butt in the fight scenes, but they pretty much sucked. The editing was so fast, choppy, and sloppy that they just looked like a blurry slide-show for the most part. I guess if I want to watch pretty girls kick butt, I can watch Kill Bill again. Or maybe the Charlie's Angels movies. I can watch Lucy Liu in almost anything.

No comments: