Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yay! Saturday!

OK, first. Before I get started. I got a flier for the Peace Center, and they were advertising a show called "The Drowsy Chaperone", with Georgia Engle. I couldn't believe my eyes. She looks EXACTLY the same as she did in Mary Tyler Moore 40 YEARS AGO. And the pic doesn't look airbrushed either. Either she has a standing with some good plastic surgeon, or this woman has sold her soul to Satan. Moving on.

***

FAB jockey lot day. Bargains Galore! Got some new (really new) jeans for $9 a pair. JC Penny brand, but carpenter jeans, my fave. After the holidays, I am in need of new jeans, at least temporarily (I tell myself). Also found a pair of Georgia steel-toe logger boots for $3. They were a bit grotty, but really all they needed was a good cleaning up. The toes are a bit scuffed, they have been used to work in, but for a $100 pair of boots, I will give them a polish.

So I got home, ate some brekkie, and watched two episodes of How Clean is Your House? I just love that show, and it was two I hadn't seen today. Then I worked on my new boots, getting them cleaned up. Then I thought it really wasn't fair to clean them all up when I had two other pairs here that really needed some love. So I cleaned them up too. I also put to the test an old biker trick that my mother's ex-husband told me about. He said bikers use nothing on their leathers but Vaseline. He swore that mink oil and that stuff rots the stitching, but thin layer of petroleum jelly conditions and preserves the leather AND stitching, while making it waterproof as well. I have to tell you, it works a charm. Those grotty looking boots I bought yesterday look great, and my own boots look great too. And not the least bit greasy or sticky. It works on shiny boots or oiled leather. The key is to make sure the leather is clean and dry, and then apply a VERY thin coat. You just touch you rag to the jelly and then rub it in. You only need three or four touches to do a boot. And I have big feet.

After that, it was nap time. I had intended to do some cleaning, but as usual, not much got done. And Justin is coming tomorrow, so I have to at least dust. I did haul off the recycling, do a bit of wash, and take out the trash. But there is so much more that needs to be done.

But I wasn't about to spend Saturday night cleaning. I hadn't seen Miss Kat and dana since Christmas, so I went to hang out with them last night. I had been talking to a guy on Bear411 about politics, so that was on my mind. We had a really good conversation about politics, but I'm still not sure who I'm going to vote for in the primary. I was solid Obama until about a week ago, but now I have doubts. Both Obama and Clinton have their good and bad points, so now I'm torn. Unfortunately, I'm still not decided, but talking with other people is helping me work things out.

No comments: