Monday, January 28, 2008

A Boring Monday Night

Very productive day at work today. I got so much done, even though I started off the day with a pretty bad phone call. Welcome to the work week.

At the end of the day, I gratefully left the corporate battlefield to focus on more domestic concerns.

I pureed my soup, which was delicious, although as usual when I make broccoli soup, I got it too thick. Meh. I like it thick though. Changed my sheets, ate some supper, chatted on line a bit to a very nice nurse who lives in Oklahoma. He has a brain, is a bottom, and has a smile that could bring a puppy back to life. Sigh. I'm thinking more and more that I need to move away from this place.

When I browsed the guys in Seattle Sunday afternoon (that's where Skot lives) there were over 100 pages of guys - just on Bear411. A lot of them were nice looking too. When you go back to browse the 35 or so pages of guys in the whole state of SC, and when so many of them look like their parents lived under power lines and speak as if they are victims of "gestational microwave leak syndrome", it gives you pause for thought. Or maybe I'm just too cynical. I just know my life here would be a lot simpler if I enjoyed American Idol and NASCAR.

I am talking to one really smart guy in Columbia though, and I'd like to meet him.

With these thoughts on my mind, I turned in.

No comments: