Sunday, January 13, 2008

I can no longer bitch (for a while anyway)

"Waterford" or "Waffle" 13 3/4" sandwich platter, by Hocking (before they were Anchor Hocking) circa 1938-1944

about my glass luck being all used up. I found this "Waterford" pattern (the slang name is "Waffle") depression glass platter at the jockey lot this morning, and talked the woman down to $3. I now have a matching set of these. I wasn't going to buy this one unless I got a good price for it, because the other one I bought in Blue Ridge, GA one time when Michael and I were visiting his parents at their cabin, and I paid more than retail for it. Only $12.50, but I was still pissed, because I thought I had gotten a deal, and because I don't usually buy crystal pieces. This one has a small chip off the inner rim, but covered with scrumptious food, and as part of a stunning matched set flanking a non-existent buffet, I don't think anyone will ever notice. Also, all the "teeth" on the outer edge are perfect, surprisingly.

The first time I showed my other platter like this to Sweet Justin, he said "If I just saw that, I would think it came from Wal-Mart. Seriously." LOL

No comments: