Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

Well everyone at work is all keyed up about the ice. I told everyone to be sure to get their bread and milk, then headed home. I called Russ, but he didn't feel like doing anything. This was my last ditch effort to prevent ugly weather. If I stay up too late tonight, the fates usually conspire that I have to work the next day.

Because I have to, I went by the grocery store. Did I particularly need anything? No. But this is the South, and you kind of have to go. It's the code. The one near my house wasn't nearly the crazy house I was expecting. They even had bread left. I picked up a couple of things, and actually made it out relatively quickly through the self-check.

Got home, ate supper, and was snuggled up on the couch, under a blanket, with a warm kitty on me when Justin called to ask me if it was snowing. I hadn't even realized it had started until he called. It's a fine snow, which is supposed to mean it is going to snow for a long time. We were only supposed to get an inch, but we had more than that before I went to bed. By the time I went though, it had stopped. There is some snow, but not that much, and it won't be a big deal unless it gets coated with ice overnight. Freezing rain is awful. Either way, I don't care as long as my power doesn't go out again.

If it does, I'll be spending some time with a pad and pen, putting together a list of reasons why I Hate Duke Power.

No comments: