Thursday, January 31, 2008

January 31, 2009 A Blessedly Quiet Day


Today went about as well as a day where you begin by bathing out of a bowl can. It was Little Fags on the Prairie at my house this morning getting ready for work, but I am fairly resourceful.

By 10:30, the plumber I called last night still hadn't returned my call, so I called another plumber, the one that put in the water heater before the one I have now. When I hadn't heard from them by 4pm, I called them back, only to find out they had already been out, and that the problem was only a pilot light. So they're going to charge me for a service call, which will be outrageous, but not nearly as high as replacing the water heater, and certainly not as high as if I had used my other plumber. They are one of the best services in town, but you really pay through the nose for it.

I got an email from S (I promised, I know), and it was very nice. He is headed back home today apparently.

Work was amazingly quiet after the way the rest of the week has gone. I was able to get all my stuff done, and am completely prepared for month end. I also made it through the day without a complaint being lodged against my by some loon also, which is always nice.

After work, had my hair cut. Russ put all that junk in it again. I have asked him not to, because I hate it, but he likes to play in it I guess, it's part of the service. Plus he wants me to leave the shop looking right. It's usually not an issue, because I usually just go home and wash it out. I had to run by the grocery store last night, and felt kind of like a goober, but no one said anything or stared (that I noticed).

When I got home I had hot water (HOORAY!) and a quiet evening in with the kitties.

No comments: