Sunday, January 6, 2008

Anderson or Bust!*

Anderson Jockey Lot happiness, with fabric softener!

Justin stayed over last night so we could go to the Jockey Lot this morning! WoooHoo!

I don't usually go to Anderson on Sundays, because usually there is no one there, but I have noticed that the crowds have started coming back the last couple of times we went. There was a good crowd there of both sellers and shoppers today. Of course the weather was absolutely stunningly gorgeous.

After a virtuous meal of nut milk and un-cheez grilled sandwiches, we set out. The sarnies really weren't that bad. They just taste almost but not quite completely unlike cheese. If you just accept that, they're edible.

We had a great time. I got a grey hoodie for $7, and it looks really good, but there is no logo on it. I figured for that price I'd take it over to White Horse Rd and have them paint something cool on it for me at the airbrush place. I also got some Bath and Body Works soap for 0.50, and two bottles of 80 use Downy for $3 each, a fantastic deal. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of making eye contact with the guy selling it to me, as well as expressing a mild interest in the good bargain. This resulted in a 15 minute story about how he got the Downy, who else bought some, how they sold it, and on and on, but I was finally able to peel myself away.

There was lots of good eye candy to day too. I just love redneck boys. Well at least my libido does. That is the sad dichotomy of my life. My mind wants someone with wit and excellent conversation, but my loins quiver over a Skoal ring on the back pocket. Does such a man exist?

Still no glass. I wonder how long I used up my glass karma for this summer. I did make some excellent finds last year, so I really can't complain. We stopped at a cool antique mall on the way home. I found a Windsor pink 6 3/4" pitcher there, but they wanted too much for it. Priced $30, she would have sold it to me for $27, but book value on it is only $25. That's just more than I will pay. At this point, the story is as important as the piece itself, and since I really don't need anything, if I can't get a deal on it, I usually won't buy it.

While we were in Anderson, I started craving hot dogs. You know how you just get those cravings sometimes? Well for some reason, Russ was craving them too. He and Billy called to ask if they made veggie hot dogs (they do) and if I wanted to come over for them (I did). I also made the chili, since I have an excellent chili recipe. Russ even found the best veggie dogs, the Smart Dogs bun length, that are usually hard to find at this time of year. But they wanted to grill them. You just can't grill veggie dogs. The get big bubbles all over them, and they don't turn out well. Well I tried to tell Billy this, but they already had the grill on, and he was doing the cooking. He put them on anyway. They turned out really tough, but otherwise they were good. Ah well, live and learn.

We also started exploring different games on the Wii. A lot of them are too frantic for me. I have poor hand-eye coordination, and am not much of a gamer. But I have to say some of the Wii games are really fun. I am getting the hang of tennis now, and really like it. I like the bowling too. But we played the best game EVER tonight: The Bunny Bop game.

I don't even know the name of the game. There's just these bunnies that dance out in a disco, and you whack them in the head to the beat of the music for points. We didn't get to play much, but I REALLY liked that game.

No comments: