Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First day back to work. Sigh.

Overall, not as bad as I was expecting. After I sorted through 300 emails, I started working on the presentation. I do a PowerPoint presentation that goes before the company bigwigs each month at a day long manager's meeting. I have never worked for a company as focused on the bottom line as the one I work for now. But at times, they are penny wise and pound foolish. They are always so eager to see the numbers at the end of each month that they force everyone to put them together in a ridiculously short amount of time. The office was closed on the 1st, but we have to have the presentations completed and turned in by 1pm on the 3rd. I have my numbers down to a science, and provided I can get the cooperation from the other several departments I get our information from, I can have my numbers together pretty quickly. But I'm sure some of the other numbers they see can't possibly be accurate. But anyway.

So I had a very productive day, and virtuously went home and ate New Year's Day leftovers. I have to shift this Christmas weight before it makes friends with my other fat. I'll never get rid of it then.

No comments: