Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A post in which I go back to work

Well it could have gone worse, I suppose. 

I had to go to the store for fruit on the way to the office since I didn't go last night.  I got to the office early and balanced my checkbook from the trip.  Then I buckled in. 

I knew it would be bad.  I always pay for a vacation.  But there was an unusual number of little turd-blossoms left on my desk while I was gone.  But I got it all sorted, and by the end of the day I was pretty much ready to close the month.  I was even able to leave the office on time.  I didn't get any pre-review of the month done, but that's fine. 

Because I had rebelled yesterday and hadn't done chores, they were waiting to be done tonight.  I went by Aldi and picked up vegetables and fruit, and then by Publix to finish up the shopping.  I went home and cooked burrito filling so I would have something ready for dinner after work tomorrow.  Month end starts on the first day, and usually by the end of the day I'm ready to collapse. 

Good enough. 

No comments: