Friday, April 19, 2013

A post in which I visit Kimbley and Laura

I was so glad it was Friday!  I am dying for the beach, and I know the next two days will go so quickly.  Weekend time moves so much more quickly than work time.  Too bad Einstein didn't get around to working out a formula for that one.

I didn't have any plans tonight, and was giving Miss Kat and Dana the night off, since I saw them last Friday.  So I sent a text to Laura (Kimbley pretty much ignores her cell phone).  I stopped off at Aldi to get vegetables for cooking tomorrow, and by the time I got home, I had an invitation.

I had promised Laura a rhubarb cobbler, but there was not time to make one tonight.  She didn't say anything about it.  We ordered copious amounts of pizza (they are feeding two teenage boys, plus one had a friend over tonight), and settled in for a visit.

It was a very relaxing evening.  We had cocktails on their beautiful deck, and just kind of talked and visited.  We hat seen each other at the Hat Party, but had time to catch up tonight. 

There was a lot to talk about.  The second Boston bomber had been run to earth, and was taken into custody while we watched on the news later that night.  He was only nineteen years old.  They have two boys about that age, and Cole is eighteen.  What kind of influence is there on a kid's life to make him go that wrong?  Kimbely says she hopes they take him alive, so we can find out what happened, but I don't think it will help.  Our society seems to breed people with a fundamental trigger that just 'goes off'.  There doesn't seem to be any way to predict who has this psychological weakness.  It's very sad, and a total waste on both sides, but we don't seem to be able to figure out what to do to stop this.

No comments: