Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A post in which I worry

Well I was grateful for coffee this morning. 

Work was pretty quiet.  Well the job party anyway.  Alan was unexpectedly out of the office, which was a little bit of a treat.

In the middle of the day I had a text from Eve, asking what time my procedure was.  I figured she had the dates mixed up, but just sent her back the time.  Had I told her it was next week, she would have asked why I wasn't coming to dinner and I just didn't want to get into it.  So it was sneaky, but I wasn't lying.  Hey, I sent them a text detailing that I would see them again on the 23rd - it's not my fault if they don't read it, right?

After work I went by the grocery store, and they had a huge sale going on.  All this stuff was on clearance.  One of the things they had was pickled peaches.  They are Lisa's favorite, and they are damn near impossible to find, and expensive when you do.  At about $2 per jar, it was a super deal.  I picked her up four jars, and may go back for some more when I get paid Friday.  They also had chocolate chunks left from Christmas marked down to $1 per bag.  I bought one for the treat jar, and then went back for another to put in the freezer.  Hey it's Hershey's; and I'm not proud.  And eventually I will want something sweet...

While I was at the store, I had a panicked text from Eve, wanting to know if I was alright.  So I just sent a text back telling her the procedure was next week.  As I had thought, she had mixed up the dates. I just left that lying there, and she didn't ask.  Again, sneaky but not lying.

I bought taco fixin's since I still had tortillas left.  When you're single it's hard to use up a whole package of tortillas before they get yukky/hard and/or moldy.  Sometimes I throw them in the freezer, where I forget about them.  But after deciding to get taco stuff, I remembered I had a jar of good Greek olives in the freezer.  Since Laughing Cow now makes 'cream cheese' wedges, I got some of those and made a cream cheese and olive sandwich for dinner (yummy!).  I had some honey wheat bread in the freezer from Mom, and it was surprisingly good with the olives.  I finished up the pasta salad, made some popcorn, and then strictly limited myself to three chocolate chunks for dessert. 

Then I went back and raided the treat jar for three more.  Sigh.

I watched DVDs from the library and relaxed, as much as I could, before going to bed.  I know there's a reckoning coming.  I can feel it hanging over my head.

No comments: