Monday, April 29, 2013

A post in which it is the last day off**

Well until Memorial Day anyway. 

I woke up and luxuriated in the fact that I didn't have to work today.  I made myself a nice breakfast, and did the last of the laundry. I had gone back to bed for a nap when the buzzing started.  And went on. And on. And on.  Apparently the neighbors across the street had decided that today was the day to take out a huge dead tree from their yard.  With ONE VERY NOISY chain saw.  Grrrr. 

I clicked around online and had one buddy come by for a very short visit.  Eventually I got my friend Walter to come over for a bit, which was nice.  I laid around and was lazy for a while before I decided to get cleaned up, put on my new super cool shirt, and go to the store.  I also needed lunch.  I was on my way to Aldi, when I decided 'Screw this - it's a vacation day.  I'm not spending it doing chores!'  I called Dana and asked her if she wanted to come over for a while, and she did.  We had a nice little visit with the windows open and the glorious sunshine just pouring in. 

After she left, I finally got my nap.  Then I ate everything in the house, decided I wasn't going to the store at all, watched some TV (Drag Race wasn't on, but they had some kind of 're-cap' show before the finale next week), and went to bed.  All in all, not a bad day off. 

No comments: