Thursday, April 18, 2013

A post in which I am out with the boys

I was really tired, but pulled out of a REM sleep cycle at 1am by Crooner, clawing something.  After yelling at him twice, I had to get up and bumble blearily through the house before he would stop trying to destroy whatever it was. 

By the time I did all that, I was too awake to go back to sleep.  I had been in the middle of a tumultuous dream, in which Dad was in the hospital after a heart attack, and Eve wouldn't let me see him.  So we had been in mid-virtual argument (and my mind subconsciously trying to sort through the actual conflict) when I woke up.  Shreds of the dream stuck in my head, and I couldn't get back to sleep.  I remembered that I hadn't taken one of the antibiotics I'm supposed to take at 8-hour intervals (really?) and got up to take it and have a drink of water.  But I tossed and turned. 

Eventually I just got up for a bit.  Sometimes that's the only thing that works.  I remembered that I had forgotten to put the sheets in the dryer, so I did that.  I clipped Mr. Crooner's claws.  He had innocently come to bed after I got up, as if he were completely innocent.  I don't think so.  So I figured clipping his claws was a good thing to do since I was up anyway.  I put the dishes away out of the dish drainer, and by that point I was hungry, so I had a little snack.  I turned on the TV to clear the thoughts out of my head and eventually drifted back off, but I felt like a zhombie when the alarm went off to get me up for work.  Ugh.

Work went pretty well.  Alan is out of the office all week, and I finished up my write-offs and started, again, to work on little niggling Canadian balances he wants cleared.  Doing anything with those accounts is time-consuming, and what I was doing today would yield almost no result, but I suppose it must be done.

Tonight was dinner out with the boys, but I had a few things to do first.  I ran through PetSmart and spent a ridiculous amount of money on cat food and litter.  I had to re-stock on both.  Since there isn't a comparable litter, I'm thinking seriously about changing their food.  If it wasn't for Jinx throwing up everywhere for months...

I ran home, unloaded the car, fed the cats, folded the sheets, put in a load of towels, and washed the dishes. Then I changed clothes and headed out the door.  Dinner tonight was at Papas & Beer.  Everyone raves about the food there, but I've never had anything that impressive really.  I tried going simple tonight and just had cheese enchiladas.  They were pretty good. 


It was good to see the guys.  Lee and Joel unclenched for the evening and neither of them bled to death or anything.  I was on the opposite end of the table from Russ and Billy, but that was OK - I mean we're going to spend the whole freakin' week together next week.  It was a nice evening.

No comments: