Saturday, April 27, 2013

A post in which we are shopping***

I got up this morning, and surprisingly found the boys down at continental breakfast.  We ate and agreed that we would do the shopping later today. 

I went back upstairs and entertained Bmaster and Sam for a while, then met the boys at their room for us to get ready to go shopping.  After some futzing around, we left for Broadway at the Beach.  Russ hadn't been before, and he wanted to go.  I was fine, although in the past I have found the prices there to be borderline usury.  But it's a nice walk around, and I was game to get away for a bit. 

We wandered in and went in a store or two.  Russ bought some clip sunglasses to go over his glasses.  I bought a shirt that I found preciously cute, but which left Billy underwhelmed.  Logan climbed a wall they
had set up there.  He was also intrigued with the carp in the pond the place is organized around (they are unbelievably greedy for the food that is for sale for a quarter a handful all over the place) and we fed them for a bit, as I guess everyone does.

But by this time, the focus became lunch.  We were hungry.  After some discussion (and more shopping) we ended up at Landry's Seafood House.  I wanted calabash, and although this wasn't really the place for it, they had a seafood platter on the menu, and I was game.  The food, when we got it, was actually pretty good; but the service was terrible.  Apparently the waitress was new, or just not a very good waitress.  She was nice, she was just lousy.  Add to that a blender that sounded like a broken rocket trying to take off, and some kind of event happening right outside the restaurant that involved an incredibly loud speaker that sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher on steroids, and it was a fairly atmosphere-free dining experience.  I left the first 10% tip I have left in a long time. 

Thus refreshed, we continued shopping, and headed to the other side of the 'lake' where the boys decided to go zip-lining.  I have a heights thing, and elected to watch the stuff and make pictures. 



But before to awfully long, we were ready to head back to base.

Dinner tonight was barbecue, but there was plenty of pizza left for me to warm up.  Sean and Eddie invited all of us up to eat with them (in the penthouse yet), so we had supper with them and played more cards against humanity - fun :)

There was stuff going on at poolside, so we went put on our suits and went down for that.  After a pretty extended raffle drawing (there were a lot of prizes on offer) the entertainer came out again.  But this time, I was wasted.  And in the pool.  While he was performing around the concrete skirt around the pool, There was a broad expanse of water in the middle that looked like center stage to yours truly.  He was doing "Party in the USA", which had been featured this season on RuPaul's Drag Race, so I knew all the words.  I grabbed two beach balls, and had a glamour moment.  Screw the semi-drag.  I was offering up the real thing in the middle of the pool.  I heard later that I was the entertainment.  But I realized that I wasn't being very courteous, so after that song, I courteously moved to the side of the pool for the rest of the entertainment.  The bartenders were already plying their trade (there were parties every night with free booze - they really treated us right and gave us a lot for our run fee this year), so I had a drink or two.

When the show was over, we played in the pool for a while, but the party was kind of lame, so we went to take a disco nap before the after-hours party.  Well the disco nap just turned into sleep.  The boys messaged me and told me they had decided not to get up about midnight.  Fair enough.  But I was awake.

I went down and walked through the after-hours party, but it wasn't really any more exciting than the previous one.  I went upstairs and had pizza, then had a buddy come by for a bit before going back to sleep.

No comments: