Monday, April 1, 2013

A post in which I end the month

I was up on time, in fact early, to go in.

Month end is always busy.  I usually don't take a lunch hour on the first day of the month, but Russ got in touch and invited me to have lunch with him, Logan, and Billy at Saffron.  I wanted to see them and catch up on what happened at Frolicon (which was last weekend) so I went.  I had received a rather intriguing photo of Rhonda in a corset (which I will not offend her modesty by posting), and I wanted to hear the stories.  It didn't hurt that I had brought Caldo Verde out of the freezer for lunch; nothing wrong with it, but it really can't compete with the food from Saffron. 

It was good to see the boys, and they all seemed to have had a great time.  The testament was borne out not only by the stories, but by the visible eye-bags.  We ate, and I exhorted them to go home and go to bed tonight, instead of picking up the hootenanny right where it left off.  Logan apparently has a class tonight that runs until 9pm.  Youth.  While I was sorry to see Russ looking tired, he sounded just as enthused about the weekend as the others, and I'm hoping maybe he's pulling out of his funk. 

I finished the day up and got a lot of work done.  I decided I could leave on time (generally at month end I have to work over).  I was feeling kind of yucky, and a bit worried that I might have picked up something from Ava over the weekend (she had been coughing - that child seems to be perpetually sick).  Plus doing both of the reserve in one day just turns my brains to tapioca.  I didn't know if I could really be productive, or if I would just end up doing stuff I would have to re-do later.  I had an offer of company tonight from the beautiful Anthony, but by the end of the day I just wasn't up for it.  I got in touch and cancelled.

I decided not to do my feet tonight, even though they are due.  I gussied up the left-over pasta salad from Easter with mayonnaise and some tuna.  It was pretty tasty then.  So I had a bowl of re-vamped pasta salad, and futzed around until bedtime.  I had problems going to sleep, which is unusual.  Generally, it's problems staying asleep.  Sigh.

No comments: