Friday, April 26, 2013

A post in which there is a contest*

I was up early again this morning *sigh*, but I put the time to good use.  Today was the day I was making breakfast for the boys, and I was looking forward to it.  My room had a full kitchen that was pretty adequately equipped, and had surprisingly adequate knives.  I nipped down to the continental breakfast in the lobby for a nibble, and stole an orange to use for garnish later.

Back in the room, I straightened up the room, and caramelized my onions before frying up the mushrooms.  I buttered all the English muffins and got them ready to go in the oven, then laid the table.  My buddy from yesterday came by to chat, but I didn't have time for anything else this morning. 

By the time the boys were stirring, I put the coffee on, set the table, and I was ready.  They came down and we had a lovely breakfast in my room, with the doors wide open to the sight, sound, and smell of the surf.  That's been one of the best parts about this trip - the weather is so mild that I can leave the doors open all day to hear the ocean and get that gorgeous breeze.  What bliss!  After breakfast the boys adjourned, and I finished cleaning up.  For the most part.  I couldn't get the egg pan clean, so I just put it in to soak. 

My buddy from yesterday's name was Sam, and he was here with his boyfriend, whom I will refer to here by his online name, Bmaster.  Bmaster had been chatting me up too, and by the time I got cleaned up and all, he had hit me up again.  He came up and we had a lovely visit.

When he left, I got in touch with the boys to see what they were doing.  There had been some talk of
shopping this afternoon.  They were not free until after the wet boxer shorts contest, which was to be held poolside at 4pm.  I lay down for a bit, but didn't have long before I had to get up and get ready.  I appeared at poolside at 4pm in full shopping regalia, to find the guys in the pool.  OK.  But the contest was about to start, and Logan was in it. 

First, however, there was to be an entertainment.  They had a guy who was Mr. Leather something-or-other come out, and he started lip-synching (??).  Then he started taking off his clothes.  I was confused.  Especially when he stripped down to a be-dazzled g-string decked with what were obviously Christmas tree beads.  I wasn't sure how I was supposed to react.  Did I tip him? Just watch? Was it a parody?  I subtly checked out the others there to find that they were similarly non-plussed.  But since I found it
hilarious, I just watched, enjoyed, and laughed.  I didn't see anyone give him any money.

The boxer shorts contest went off well, and was appreciated by the crowd.  I had told one of the maids on the way down what was going on, and all the maids turned out to watch too, which was great!  The whole staff at the hotel made us feel really welcome.  Logan tied for first place, and won a free run package for next year!  Afterwards, the boys announced that they were staying in the pool, which was fine.  I'm a tree, I can bend.  I just went up, changed into my swimsuit, and joined them. 


The water was surprisingly warm, the company was quite congenial, and Russ and Logan staked out a 'cuddle corner' that proved to be popular.  Since we had eaten breakfast so late, we had missed the lunch, but there was pizza left over, so I snagged a left-over cheese pizza and stuck it in my fridge for later.  It was a lovely afternoon. 



Dinner was served on the lawn. They brought in Mexican food.  Sadly, it was too cold and windy to enjoy eating outside, but we took our plates up to the boys' room and had a nice meal.  They brought up a guy they knew named Dan, who was very nice and funny too.  We ate, visited, and played cards against humanity, which had become a new favorite. 

We made drinks and went down to the pool for a while.  Tonight was the leather party, and some of the guys had togs on, but most weren't dressed out.  The boys had pirate costumes (of course they did), but Logan and I decided not to wear our pirate hats as an act of civil disobedience and solidarity.  Still, it was fun to hang out with the guys.  And Billy seemed to enjoy his costume.

No comments: