Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A post in which it is Halloween!

I was excited about today.  I had some things to do, but I was mainly looking forward to having folks in for trick or treating tonight.

At work they went all out.  There was candy galore, and one of the supervisors brought in Halloween bingo, which we played short games of periodically.  It was nice.  It's silly, but it is fun, and it makes the day go by.  I almost didn't think about ISO documents. 

After work, I scampered home to make things ready, but I wasn't going to do tons.  I lighted the candles, both of which promptly went out, having asbestos wicks or something.  I just decided to replace them.  I've been trying to baby them along, but they won't burn and I'm tired of fooling with them.  I lit two new candles.

Billy and Logan came in with Rhonda.  I already had the candy in the basket and ready to roll.  I had missed the first two trick or treaters when I was getting in from work, but I was determined not to miss any more.  I don't think I did. 

Billy came in and was making salad when Russ got there.  I was just going to order pizza, but since they are on a diet they wanted big salads.  I hate to ask them to bring anything - they feed me all the time - but I just didn't have time to go buy diet food for what was supposed to be a casual get-together. 

I ordered the pizza, and we settled in to give out candy and watch movies. The movie tonight was The Witches, which Russ had just bought.  It is a cute movie, and Rhonda and Logan hadn't seen it.  We talked so much that I don't know how much of the movie they got to watch.  Plus there was candy to give out, and supper to eat in between all that visiting.

Billy and Logan looked at the laptop and got some stuff straightened out on it.

It was just nice to have everyone in, and it was  great evening.  A very happy Halloween :)

No comments: