Sunday, October 28, 2012

A post in which it is a recovery/hang-out day*

I was up surprisingly early this morning, all things considered.  The boys had been talking about making omelets this morning, but I knew I had a while before they would be stirring. 

I was on the internet vortex for a while, and had a buddy come over. 

After he left, I got in touch with Billy.  I was STARVING.  He said they were all still a-bed, so I made breakfast.  I decided to get ready to go when I got the call.  I stripped the bed and washed sheets, ate breakfast, and cleaned up the kitchen.  I lay down for a while (could have used a nap actually), but when I checked my phone, I had a message that the boys were getting up.

I had my movies already packed up, so I brushed my teeth and headed out. 

We had coffee and caught up notes from last night.  Logan had been feeling NO pain, but didn't seem overly hung over today.  I shared some rather disturbing party news I had stumbled across the night before, and we talked about that for a bit.

Sabrina and Wendy were in for a visit, and we all settled in to watch Mockingbird Lane, the re-make of the Munsters.  I had read that the pilot was so bad that they had decided to scrap the series and air it just as a Halloween special, but I enjoyed it. 

After that, we took a little break.  I had brought a pile o' movies, and surprisingly  the next one they picked out to watch was The Watcher in the Woods, a pretty cheesy Disney movie from late in Bette Davis's career.  It's fun to heckle. 

Next was the new Dark Shadows movie.  I hadn't seen it, but it was pretty good.  I even thought Helena Bonham Carter was pretty good.  Johnny Depp didn't bug me either.  I really like Tim Burton, but I wish he would vary his cast just a bit.  Occasionally.  By the time that was wrapped up, we were ready to EAT. 

It was off to Irasiai for some sushi, which suited me just fine.  After supper we went by Bruster's for some ice cream, but it had turned off cold, and I hadn't brought a jacket with me.  We took the ice cream home and put in House on Haunted Hill (the original one with Vincent Price).  I love that movie.  It's pretty creepy, and VP is at his campy creepy best.  That was really the main movie I came to watch with them today.  Logan hadn't seen it, and had said he would watch it with me. 

By the time the movie was over though, I was very sleepy.  It was way time for me to go home and hit the hay, which I did.  It was a great weekend though!

No comments: