Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A post in which it is dinner out with the 'rents

After my lovely dinner last night, I made sure to post nice things about Tuk Tuk Thai online.  They have a Facebook page set up already.  I actually had a very nice message from the owner of the restaurant.  I tried to talk Eve and Dad into going back with me tonight, but she was having none of it.  Eve has a pathological aversion to curry - not just in her food, but indeed anywhere in her general vicinity.  Whatever.  I just told her to choose.  We ended up at Cracker Barrel.  What a step down LOL.  Miss Kat, Dana, and my mother just love that place, but there is a limited selection for me there.  No worries, I just ordered breakfast. 

After supper we went back to the house for a visit, but I didn't stay late.

First, Dad is back to the doctor in the morning.  I knew that he was hurting on Saturday, but apparently he has a complication.  He's in atrial fibrillation.  They are going to check some things out, and have put him on a powerful drug to try to get his heart back beating properly.  They're going to do another angiogram (this time through his arm) and possibly an angioplasty, if needed.  If his heart isn't beating back in rhythm by Thursday, they're going to do a cardioversion, where they stop and re-start the heart to try to fix it.  Dad is pale and tired.  I know this is serious, but he's had so many procedures done that I've become kind of inured to it.  He doesn't seem overly worried, and was in good spirits, considering.  Maybe he just doesn't want me to worry.

We talked tonight about my going in to the cancer center for a follow-up on Thursday.  I hadn't heard from them until I was on my way back from the beach trip with Mom.  Cassie (my chemo nurse) called to tell me that I had been due for a follow-up in July, but no one had set up an appointment.  So she had Amy set me an appointment for this Thursday.  Now I knew that I was probably due in, but I sure wasn't going to call them.  I know that's stupid.  I know I have to do my follow-ups, but I have such a dread of that place that I sure wasn't going to call them to volunteer to come in.  So I'm going.  But I'm not happy about it, and I'm really dreading it out of all proportion to what is going to happen. 

The other reason I had to leave early tonight was that I had been reminded today that there is a UN- inspired food day tomorrow.  I don't remember the particulars of why, but they called it a week or so ago and I hadn't put it on my calendar.  I knew I wouldn't have time to cook anything tonight, so I ran by Publix to pick up some Sabra hummus, which is my favorite, other than what they make at Pita House, which is the BEST.  They have a new 17 oz. container, which was nice, because that meant I didn't have to buy two, but I was thinking that's an odd size.  They had it in one of my two favorite flavors too, the Roasted Pine Nut, which is delicious.  I love the roasted red pepper too, but the garlic is way too strong. 

Anyway, I futzed around the store for a while (there were several really cute guys in there), but eventually emerged triumphantly with hummus in hand, ready for tomorrow.  Then I went home and got a little broody listening to Wide Awake on the computer.  That song always reminds me of the camping trip with Jason these days.  They were playing it at the pool that late Saturday night when we were frolicking, happy and carefree.  I miss him.  I sent him a text, but of course got no response. 

No comments: