Friday, October 26, 2012

A post in which it is FRIDAY!

And man was I ready for it!  Alan continued to be out of the office, which was peaceful, and we got paid, which is just always a good thing.

I sent the boys an email this morning.  I've been feeling pushed to the side lately.  It could be me, but I wanted to check in and make sure I didn't need to apologize for something.  I didn't hear anything back though.

I did a bit of shopping.  I'm trying to crank up the machinery and get started on Christmas shopping.  Today I bought my gift for the bear party, so I'm good there.  Liked it so much I got one for me too (LOL I guess charity truly does begin at home.

Towards the end of the day, there was an interesting development on Facebook.  Mom had changed her relationship status to 'in a relationship' earlier in the week.  Hmmm I thought.  She hadn't seemed that serious about the latest guy, but then I just decided that was really her business.  Well this afternoon some other woman started posting all these comments on the status update about how many women he had on the string, etc.  I called Mom and told her what was going on, but her faithful friend Maureen was already on the case, so she knew.  She told me that she had already cancelled a dinner date with him for tonight, and was waiting to see what happened. 

After work I had an appointment to have my hair done, and headed for the shop.  On the one hand, I thought that might have been why I didn't hear from them today.  On the other hand, I thought maybe they were waiting to talk to me about some transgression in person.  As it turns out, I was fine with the boys, they're just going through a very hectic phase.  That happens peridoically for all of us, and I have been doing a lot of family stuff recently.  It turns out that one of the things in my mind was kind of true, and Russ and I talked about that for a while.  I miss those talks.  Now that he doesn't smoke anymore, we don't get as much porch time as we used to.

After my haircut, we headed to Tuk Tuk Thai for supper.  My meal wasn't as spectacular as it was last time, but it was still very good, and Russ and Billy enjoyed it as well.  Tonight I had pad thai, one of my favorites, and the true way to judge a Thai restaurant IMHO.  After we got some lime and a bit of spice, it was lovely.  Not as good as King and I used to be, of course, but then very, very few places are. 

We met Billy at the restaurant, so I got to talk to him as well.  Logan was having a 'bro night' tonight, but that was fine. 

After supper, we headed back to the house and got in the hot tub.  I've never wanted the up-keep on one, but..  Well tonight the weather was beautiful, cool without being cold, a pretty moon, and clear.  Being on the deck in that bubbling hot water under the full moon was just bliss.  Billy and I had a good soak, then went in the house to watch telly for a bit before I headed home. 

It was a lovely evening, and it was really really good to touch base and spend some quality time with Russ and Billy. 

No comments: