Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A post in which it is back to work

I was really down this morning before work.  Not sure why, although I really am dreading that ISO project.  My actual job is fine, and I'm in good shape for the month.  I got in and barrelled through email and calls.  I made short work of getting my desk up and running.

I had a spartan lunch of white sweet potato and salad with a pear for dessert. 

I heard from Dana this afternoon.  They found another snake, this time in the basement of their house.  Fortunately this one was only a gray rat snake.  Still.  Dana had killed this one just as dead, and was coming out of the vet's office after having had it identified.  She's ready to move in with me.  I can't say that I really blame her.  Snakes outside is one thing, but snakes in the house are not something anyone really wants to put up with. 

After work I had errands to run.  First it was off to put air in my tires.  As soon as the weather turns cold the 'low-pressure' alert goes on.  Because she's a front-wheel drive, Gracine eats tires anyway, and apparently the size she wears has to be run slightly over-inflated or they cup the road and wear out unevenly and too fast.  Of course the air pump at the gas station near work was broken - it apparently has been since last year - so I had to cross the highway and go to the other gas station.  Then it was off to the Dollar Tree for crackers - I had eaten the last of the ones in my desk today with my salad.  While I was there I picked up a couple of the miraculous callus shavers.  Then it was off to the grocery store (again) for the things I had forgotten yesterday.  I looked at Halloween candy, which I suppose I am going to have to pick up at some point, but it is just ridiculously expensive this year.  They had Snickers on sale, but I don't like Snickers.  I contemplated the questionable value of buying Halloween candy that I don't like.  On the one hand, I certainly don't need to be eating more candy, but on the other hand....  Well, I just decided to make that decision later. 

Since I was ravenous I went home and ate, but I had to go back out.  Since I had gotten salad dressing all over myself eating supper, I threw that shirt in the washer, along with a couple of other t-shirts that have stubborn stains.  Eventually I prized myself away from Cupcake Wars and headed to the library.  My DVDs were overdue and needed to go back.  I had forgotten to put them in the car this morning.  While I was out doing that, I had to run by CVS to get a prescription.  I spent some time smelling shower gel, but they all either smell like some whore escapee from Strawberry Shortcake land, an old lady, or a lounge lizard with horrible and generous taste in cologne.  I'm pretty close to going back to Target and paying a stupid amount for some shower gel I looked at that smells roughly like something that might be found in nature.  It will still be less expensive than the stuff that actually smells good, which they have the temerity to charge $13-$16 a container for at places like Bath and Body Works.  Grrrrr.  I'm also very close to saying 'screw it' and just going back to bar soap. 

When I got home, I realized that one of the DVDs from the library was still in the player, which means I'll have to go back to the library tomorrow.  At some point I have to find fresh green beans to fix for Grandma Shumate's birthday lunch on Saturday.  It's going to be a busy week.   

I had to turn off a new Halloween episod of Chopped tonight.  It was a good one, and had a drag queen on it, but I was just too tired to stay up to watch it.  I need the sleep!

No comments: