Monday, October 1, 2012

A post in which I end the month

It was a yucky, bleary day today - all day.  My mood wasn't helped by the fact that it was Monday, and month end also.  The last couple of months we've been trying to get the accounts re-structured, and they had moved a bunch of accounts around last Friday, which resulted in a bunch of questions today.  Sigh.  I eventually got it all sorted, and got the reserves done.  Things are always better after the reserve reports are finished.  I actually made comparatively good progress today, it just ate my nerves up.

My spinach casserole turned out good.  The texture was really great - I got the spinach very tender - but I didn't salt it enough.  It also needed a bit more cheese flavor-wise.

After work, it was still overcast.  I wanted to just go on home and get cozy, but I had to go get cat litter today - I am totally out.  So I stopped by Petsmart

After that I went by the library.  That always makes me feel better, and I had finished my book on CD today.  I also picked up some compilation DVDs of Are You Being Served that I don't have, and one of the first season of Saturday Night Live.  I haven't seen a lot of the old ones.  When they were on the air originally still had a bedtime. 

I got back home, and unloaded the car in a gray drizzle.  Good thing I got the lawn mowed last week. 

Although it felt like a good night for chili or soup, I had a salad made in the fridge from yesterday, so I had that for supper.  I watched some of the DVDs I had checked out, but was restless.  I ended up trying to download some stuff off the old computer into an external hard drive that Billy had given me - I've been putting that off for AGES.  I did seem to get the stuff off the old computer, but then couldn't open my iTunes.  Just as I feared.  If they keep 'simplifying' entertainment technology, I'm going to be watching squirrels for fun.  I did manage to successfully rescue a bunch of my old pictures off the old computer, some of which I had forgotten that I had.  So that was good.  I'm going to just take the laptop and the drive the next time I see the boys, and see if they can get it sorted for me.  If I can rescue my music, I can finally get rid of that old computer, and put a guest bed in the spare room. 

I found some old stuff on the hard drive to play in, and ended up staying up too late, but I was pleased with myself that I could get any of it done. 

No comments: