Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A post in which I tell a lie

Well I got down to it today, and completed two ISO documents.  Better than nothing, but I hated every minute of it.  I wasted a lot of time today just because the assignment is so vile. 

Today was the 'International' food day.  As it turns out, it was fine that I phoned it in, because almost everyone else did as well.  We did have Velveeta cheese dip with salsa though, and that is one of the very few acceptable and edible uses for Velveeta IMHO.  I loaded up my plate, and was strangely almost immediately queasy when I finished.  Unusual for me.  Usually my stomach accepts an overload of rich food with contentment, but not today.  Because I didn't eat anything else for a while, my blood sugar tanked.  Then I had a cupcake in the afternoon and it spiked again.  I spent most of the day feeling not-so-great.

I was strangely, well, anxious today at work.  On the one hand I was, well, horny.  I was just hungry for the touch of a man today.  Enough so that I sent out some text messages, with no result.

I am also strangely dreading the trip to the cancer center tomorrow out of all proportion to anything that is going to happen.  This is a check-back, and the most they are going to do is schedule me for a PET scan, but for some reason, I am really trepidatious about going at all.  I'm going, but I'm really not liking the fact. 

I made an appointment to see Russ today.  He has scheduled me for Friday.  I had kind of thought it might work better to leave my hair longer for my costume until after the party, but I guess I'd rather go ahead and have it seen to. 

I was ready to go home today, and glad that I got to go home.  Dad called as I was en route to invite me to dinner.  Oy.  I love him, he's my dad and all, but it just seems like they would eat my whole life if I let them.  I just spent all day with them on Saturday, and went to dinner with them last night.  I told him I had plans.  Now I did kind of have plans.  I have to wash my lounge lizard robe tonight in preparation for the party on Saturday.  I guess I could have done it another night, but had planned to to it tonight, and frankly I wanted some down time.  So while it wasn't exactly a lie, I'm sure that he would see it as such if he found out about it.  Sigh.  I do try to be a good son, but it never seems like I do enough. 

In other, more positive news, I heard from Jason today.  He usually gets back to me within about 24 hours.  He is coming to town the weekend of November 10th.  I can hardly wait!  I am really excited to see him.  It has been too long. 

When I got home, I put in the load of laundry and collapsed on the sofa to be worthless for a while, in which case I was wildly successful.  I played with my music for a while, starting on getting it organized after the move.  After a while I got up, threw some thawed spaghetti in the microwave for supper (at least it was homemade, had veggies in it, and was wholesome), and moved the clothes to the dryer. 

I went on to bed shortly after eating.  It was good to spend a little time at the house when I was conscious. 

No comments: