Thursday, October 4, 2012

A post in which I am downtown with the boys

Tonight was dinner out with Rhonda.  I planned it all, packed clothes, and put my old mirror in the car to give to her (she STILL has nothing on the walls in that house - and she's lived there for like, a YEAR - lesbians).

When I got to work I heard from the boys.  They were meeting downtown for supper tonight and then going back to the house for game night.  Now Rhonda loves game night.  But after last week when she backed out on going to dinner with the boys, I played my cards close to the vest.  My plan was that after dinner with Rhonda (just the two of us), I would tell her about the game night and just take her over there. 

That plan fell apart when she sent me a text mid-morning to cancel dinner anyway.  Well dammit.

Being freed up, I got in touch with the boys, and it was eventually decided that we would meet at Cantinflas.  They wanted to eat downtown for some reason.  I usually won't fight the parking and the hike in to do it because there isn't really anyplace I'm that crazy about, but I was willing to go along to get along. 

So I scampered home, unloaded the car, changed, and headed downtown.  Mark, John, and Logan were there when I got there.  Russ was of course late, and Billy was stuck at work.  Todd was en route, and Jake showed up shortly after I was. 

Dinner was congenial.  We had a table outside, and although the seating was very cramped, the weather was just gorgeous and it was way too pretty to be inside.  I had a very expensive (I found out later) margarita and was feeling quite expansive and loquacious.  Our server was really friendly too, even though she finished her shift and left while we were still there.  My food, though quite adequate, was really nothing to write home about.  It's pretty much that way every time I go there.  They have good guacamole, and a good selection of veggie dishes, but nothing is really terrific to me.  By the time dinner was over, it was too late to start any games.  We made our way home and to bed.  I was glad that the hike was downhill on the way back - I was FULL.

No comments: