Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A post in which it is dinner out

I talked to Lisa last night, and she indicated that Eve is trying to nail things down for Thanksgiving.  She is going on the Polar Express train ride with them that same weekend, so she basically dumped the decision in my lap as to when and what we do.  That's fine with me. 

Dinner out with the folks tonight.  I've been trying to keep up with my commitment to see Dad every week.  To be fair, he's been doing his best too, and behaving pretty well despite it's being an election year and all.  For some reason though, it just seems to be weighing on me lately.

Thanksgiving was discussed.  Apparently Eve tried to make reservations at the Grove Park Inn, and they basically laughed at her.  They've been booked since AUGUST (really?  who lives that kind of life?), so she's made reservations in Greenville, but they are dependent us arriving within fifteen minutes of the booking time.  This is including my sister, who, God love her, I'm quite sure will be late to her own funeral.  It's never her fault, and she always has some great excuse; but she is always, ALWAYS late. 

Tonight we met for supper at Lieu's, and I ordered some curry that lit me up - that was my fault, I asked them to spice it up a little and they obliged.  Stilll, it was tasty and I finished it off.  We went back to the house for a visit, and Eve only had to intervene a couple of times.  That was based on old stuff though.  I don't know how we end up going over the past again - Dad and I have had some rough times.

But it all ended well enough, and I went on home. 

No comments: