Monday, October 8, 2012

A post in which I'm out to dinner with Rhondee-roo

It was unseasonably cool today.  I drank the last of my iced coffee and decided to switch back to hot coffee for the season.  I also wore my new snuggle robe (aka 'the cloud') Miss Kat and Dana got me for Christmas on the porch this morning. 

I didn't have a commit from Rhonda on dinner tonight, but I optimistically packed clothes to change into, the mirror, and a pilot level and measuring tape into the car this morning.  If I get over there, and if those pictures aren't hung, I'm hanging them tonight!  It. Is. Time.  I also packed up the left-over rice crispy treats to take to work. 

Work is yukky.  I'm still putting off doing ISO write-ups.  Bleah.  I want to go to the beach.

Since it was cool I checked the weather, but it is supposed to warm up at the coast for the weekend.

I confirmed dinner with Rhonda and went to get her.  When I walked into her apartment, the pictures were up!  It is none of my business, and I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I was really glad that she finally has some freakin' pictures on the walls.  I gave Tony the last two of the treats (which puzzlingly made it through the day at work).  He just loves my cooking. 

Dinner tonight was at Pita House.  I was a little worried about going there.  I haven't eaten much hummus since treatment.  For a while it was all I wanted to eat during treatment, but I haven't eaten it since then.  The last I bought at the store had languished in the fridge until I threw it out.  That used to be a treat food for me, and I was afraid I wouldn't want it any longer.  Happily, that was not the case.  Pita House has the best hummus I have ever eaten, and the best falafel (forever known as 'donkey balls' to my friend Beckye, amusingly).  Both were still delicious!

Over dinner we caught up on what has been going on, while I surreptitiously looked at the very cute guy eating dinner in the corner.  By himself.  And I thought he was gay.  Apparently he was, because he recognized me and said hello.  I couldn't have told you his name, of course, or where I had met him with a gun to my head, but he sure was cute.  Probably too cute for me anyway. 

Tony's car has finally died, so after supper Rhonda asked if I would take her by the store.  I really enjoy going to the grocery store, and I enjoy doing most things with Rhonda, so I happily pushed the cart for her, chatting away and distracting her.  We got her groceries, and of course I picked up a few things, including a white sweet potato - yummy - to eat for supper later this week.  The staff at Publix is so friendly that it was almost like a social occasion.  Of course we were enjoying ourselves and in no hurry, so we were chatty with everyone. 

Now it was cool tonight, but while we were waiting in line, there was a guy in front of us in a fur-lined hood and winter parka!  It wasn't THAT cold!  The temp was about 51F.

I got her home and got all the groceries in and put away.  We sat down to visit for a while and I ended up staying too late.  But it was good to see her and spend some time with her.  I love Rhonda, and I'm glad she's getting out there doing things, but I don't see as much of her as I would like. 

It was pretty cool on the way home.  I wished I had brought a jacket.  When I got home I got out my big fluffy blanket for the bed.  In cooler temps I am much more popular with the kitties, so I turned in to much kitty lovin' tonight. 

No comments: