Monday, October 29, 2012

A post in which it is Monday

And back to work.  The weather, after being obligingly warm for the party, had turned off cold, and I wore a jacket to work this morning. 

It was a beautiful day, at least to start, which was surprising, considering that Hurricane Sandy is moving in today and threatening to shut down New York City and disrupt a presidential election.  I watched the news online today, and as the afternoon started, read the reports about the storm surge.  I watched a special about just such a scenario a couple of years ago, and it went off just as they had predicted.  Michael got out just in time.  It looks as if it's going to be a mess.

I invited Rhonda, Russ, Billy, and Logan to the house Wednesday for Halloween.  I usually get a good many trick-or-treaters, and RBL never get any, so it looks like they're coming.  I hope the hurricane doesn't mess up the weather.  It did turn off cold today. 

I spent way too much time today exchanging steamy emails with an admirer from the party.

After work, it was cloudy and the sky look angry.  I should have gone home, but felt the need to lay in supplies.  I guess it is survival instinct or something.  I don't keep nearly as much food at the house as I used to.  I went by Publix and picked up the cereal and milk I actually went after, and then crap I didn't need.  But some of it I did.  Usually when I go in now I just get a couple of things, but today I went down all the aisles to be sure there wasn't something I would remember that I needed. But it was fine.

Leaving there, I ran through CVS.  No prescriptions today though.  By the time I got out of there, I was ready to be home.  It looked like rain and I didn't want to be caught out in it. 

I had left-over hummus for dinner, watched telly (watched some CNN storm coverage - they had commercials, which seemed odd), and played on the computer.  A quiet-enough night, snuggled up cozy with the cats. 

No comments: