Friday, October 19, 2012

A post in which I go to see Miss Kat and Dana

It is such good sleeping weather this week.  It was hard to get out of bed this morning, but even harder to leave the alarm set for in the morning.  Oy. 

I got my write-offs completed, back, and submitted today.  I also got through the twit meeting.  So next week is now free to work on ISO.  In theory anyway.  I certainly wasn't going to work on it today.  I figured I had worked hard enough this week (despite having Monday off).

After work it was off to Miss Kat and Dana's.  But first, dinner.  Despite the orgy of food at the beach last week, I had been feeling a little deprived at suppertime this week, despite out-growing all my jeans.  I had bought a pair of super fatty fat-fat jeans last week at the beach, and had even tried them on, but when I put them on and got to the office today, I started to notice (as soon as I sat down) that they fit me in the waist, but nowhere else.  Usually I buy the old man baggy-butt cut, but these were apparently tailored for normal people.  I spent most of the day feeling as if I was being devoured from the waist down by an anaconda.  By the time I got home, I was really glad to take them off.

Once I got into my sweat pants, though, all that was forgotten, and I stopped off at Long John Silver's for some of the worst food you can possibly eat, but it was tasty.  I kind of went oh shit in my head when I pulled in, because there were all these people milling around in there, and I've spent a good amount of time in there before waiting for 'fast' food.  Not tonight.  I hadn't even gotten my drink and gotten sat down before they had my food out.  Impressive.  They are apparently under new management, and the very nice, but overly-nice manager wasn't there tonight.  She was very nice, but had started recognizing me there for a while, and wanted to tell me all about her life.  Frankly, I wasn't that interested.  They are now offering onion rings, which would have been good had they been hot (really all that food just tastes like their batter anyway, and it doesn't much matter what's under it), but my fish was piping hot, and I put it all away post-haste.

When I got to Miss Kat and Dana's, I took my flashlight out of the dash for the trip back later.  Apparently the place is a-crawl with snakes, and I really wasn't looking for another encounter tonight. 

It was good to see them, as always, and we spent a pleasant evening catching up.  We watched an interesting comedy show called Assume the Position 201.  It was cute, and it was good seeing them, but of course I have to be up at work time in the morning, so I couldn't stay too late.  Shortly after the program was over, it was time for me to get out my flashlight and make my way to the car, which I happily did reptile-free.

No comments: