Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A post in which it is a covered dish

For charity! Hey, it was gluttony for a good cause, OK?

The gorgeous black forest yum yum I made for work today. Note its enormous size compared to Cherie's obliging arm.

The covered dish was an indoor picnic to raise money for March of Dimes. We brought food, and then you paid however much to eat lunch. It was fun, a good excuse for everyone to bring food in and eat, which we all love to do. In all modesty, my Brownie Yum Yum was devoured. It lasted about an hour and a half. I received many compliments (for which I live) and blew several diets out of the water.

I managed to get the report done that had to be done today, and even got it to Alan early. He didn't respond with his changes until late in the day though, and was having problems viewing portions remotely. I did the changes I could, and sent it back to him, complete with an entirely different format so that hopefully he could see the whole thing, but still sat at my desk for an hour after work waiting for a response. When I finally gave in and sent him a text, he told me to go on home. He'll send it himself tomorrow. That was nice, but it would have been nicer if he had told me a little earlier...

I had a lot to do tonight. For some reason I haven't been terrifically excited about this trip. I'm not sure why. Part of me is a little anxious about not being as cool as the Frolicon people, but honestly after all I've been through there is very little of that silliness to deal with right now. I'm more comfortable than I have ever been that the important people are going to stick around, and the other ones I don't need. Part of it is being less than excited about living on sandwiches on my vacation. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just have a bad premonition about this trip for some reason. But I'm going with the gang, and I'm sure I'll have fun once I get there. I just have to get over all the preparations.

All that being said, I did feel that a load had rolled off of me when I left work today, and I had that delicious feeling you get at the start of some time off. Seeing those four days stretch out before me was a very good feeling.

I got home and started washing. For some reason I have it in my head that I have to wash all the clothes in the house before I leave. I have no idea why. But I did the last load of laundry, and then tried yet another stain remover on the new shirt. This time it came clean - finally. I'll be able to take it with me to Atlanta - Yay!

I laid out all my clothes, got out my suitcase, and boiled some eggs to take with us. Eggs are versatile and easy to keep. For breakfast I figured I could do egg sandwiches, and then I could make egg salad too. I probably cooked them too hard, but at least they were easy to peel. I only broke one. I also got out the cooler.

I answered an email from Rhonda - I am not getting up at the crack of dawn to start my vacation. Part of the reason to do this is to relax. It's nice to take some time off work when I don't have some procedure to have done. It's been a while. So I stayed up a little too late - but that's OK - it's my vacation.

No comments: