Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A post in which I turn down dinner

I cancelled dinner with Dad and Eve tonight. I just have too much on my plate for a short week. I've made good progress with the reports, but of course am missing key things I need to finish things up. Par for the course. I didn't work late today because I know I'll be doing it tomorrow, but there was plenty to do at home to get ready for Atlanta.

I went to two grocery stores on the way home. First to Whole Foods to buy soda for the trip (I try to drink only soda that doesn't have HFCS in it, 'cause that's just nasty), and then on to the regular grocery store for less exotic ingredients, and the stuff to finish up the yum yum.

When I got home I put the new shirt back in to wash again, this time with bleach. When it came out I hung it to dry (you can set stains that might otherwise come out with heat) and thought I was done. Then I noticed yet another stain, of course on the front of the shirt. Grrrr. "New without tags" my ass.

I also put together my yum yum for tomorrow. The brownies had baked again last night and were plenty set. They crumbled pretty well and layered beautifully. I used my biggest glass mixing bowl, thinking I would have plenty of room to garnish and still get the lid on, but when I finished layering all the ingredients in it was slam full and weighed at least 10lbs. There is no way that will all be eaten tomorrow, but it looks good.

By the time I did all that and ate supper it was time for bed, and I was ready for it. I'm really glad I didn't go out to dinner tonight. I never make it home before 9:30.

No comments: