Monday, April 16, 2012

A post in which I have a date*

Work was pretty quiet today. I was caught up after Friday, and Alan is out of the office today and tomorrow.

I sent Jason a message this morning to see if I would hear back from him, and lo and behold I did! He communicated with me consistently and clearly - absolutely amazing. Plus he said he would actually keep the date we made yesterday. Will wonders never cease?

After work I ran back to Ross Dress for Less and returned the rock pillows. I was going to get Rhonda some more mugs like the one I got her last Friday, but they were all gone. Tony has apparently absconded with the first one and she hasn't gotten to drink out of it yet. I wonder if it would be worth riding over to the other Ross to see if they have any...

On the way home, I started stressing out. What would I wear? I usually dress casually, but I read that if you are too casual, it makes your date feel that you didn't care about the date, or couldn't be bothered to wear special clothes. Then I had a mini-debate over whether or not I was doing false advertising if I dressed up when I don't usually. Would that be setting up false expectations? Then I started running through possible date clothes (which are pretty slim pickings). Finally I just shut that voice down, and decided to wear something I would wear usually. I went home and ran through the shower. I just put on shorts and a t-shirt like I was going to dinner with the guys. I did add a squirt of cologne to mark the special occasion.

Jason came to the house to pick me up. We had decided via phone to get Thai food, and ended up going back to Kannika's Thai Kitchen, which I have been craving for the last couple of weeks. We had a very pleasant meal. He's a little hard to talk to, but we were both nervous. All told, things went very well, and he paid for dinner (!!) too - I shoulda bought a lottery ticket today. I can't remember the last time a date paid for supper.

I unloaded some of the smaller bags over dinner. It's always such a challenge for me to know when to lay stuff out. He had driven in from Clemson to see me, and I didn't want him to feel that he was here under false pretenses, but at the same time, I don't want to vomit all the baggage up at once. He was nice about things, and asked questions, but didn't seem ready to run screaming for the hills.

We went back to the house and talked for a while. I turned on The Golden Girls, which he also likes (Billy just doesn't understand how I can watch that any time). But then a episode came on that Jason didn't like (it wasn't one of the better ones) and the focus moved. It turned out wearing shorts was a good call. Jason liked my legs. He ended up visiting for a while. He is a fantastic kisser. I just love a smart-ass. Later on he quipped "No wonder the dogs next door bark." Which pretty much said it all. I like him.

No comments: