Friday, April 13, 2012

A post in which I do good work

I worked hard today. I was a very good boy. I caught up from yesterday, cleaned out my email, and cleaned out my in-box, which I am really bad about doing. I caught up le blog too. When it was time to go home, I thought about calling someone, but then thought that I really felt like just going home.

But I had stuff to do, and I had a little money. Although I spent my tax return already on trips, I had an "extra" check this month, and the bills are caught up, so I felt that I could do a little shopping. The hunt for the bathing suit needed to resume (*sigh*). The beach is only three weeks away. I went to Ross Dress for Less, my fave. I love that store. Although the clearance rack was a disappointment, I did find a bathing suit that would do. I'm not wild about it - it has this HUGE logo on one pocket: a) those big logos are really out; and b) I didn't really like them when they were in. But it is a Ralph Lauren, was a decent price, and was an acceptable color. (I have to have a medium shade to keep me from looking ridiculously white, and most men's suits are either weirdly colored or dark - who the hell wants a black bathing suit?) I'm not wild about it. I don't like it as well as my old one, but it will do.

Since I was already in there, I looked around a bit, and picked up some other things I've been meaning to buy but kept putting off. I got a new picture frame for my picture of BB that has needed a new frame for a long time. I bought a new kettle. The one I bought after Michael left is all rusting out around the whistler for some inexplicable reason. I also picked up some new guest pillows, and one new one for my bed. I was really embarrassed at the state of my guest pillows when Rhonda came to stay. I always try to get them in the pillow slips before anyone sees them. I picked up a pretty mug for Rhonda for a searcy.

By the time I got checked out, my dogs were barkin'. I'm getting impatient with this foot thing. I started home, but then decided that I needed to eat anyway, and I wanted to give Rhonda her mug, so I called her. She was free. I ran over there and took her to Red Lobster for supper. I'd had a gift card in my wallet to eat there since September of 2010. It was time to use it. We had a very nice meal and I enjoyed seeing her. She seemed genuinely tickled with her mug. I love getting her little surprises.

Afterwards, we went back to her place and visited for a while. I got to play with Keeba for a bit. Rhonda has the sweetest dog.

When I got home I cleaned the glass on my new picture frame for BB's pic, and put it in there. It was perfect. I'm so glad I got it. I then decided to try out one of my new pillows. I put it on the bed and lay down. It was hard as a brick. After about ten minutes, I decided this wouldn't do at all. I got up and took it off the bed. They'll have to go back.

To be Friday the 13th, though, it has been a surprisingly good day :)

No comments: