Saturday, April 28, 2012

A post in which it is a floop day*

Since tomorrow was going to be so busy, I had actually planned to do chores and stuff today.  I did get a few things done, but not as much as I would have liked.

I was up early, and anxious for the day to start.  I had a visit planned for today, and I was anxious for him to get here.  But I got no response to a text.  I fooled around online for a while, and made a nice breakfast, but eventually snoozed for a bit.

I did get a text back, finally.  I futzed around and ran through the shower, then very much enjoyed a visit from Tim. 

I did a couple of loads of laundry, and was thinking about going out when Dana called.  She and Miss Kat were on their way to the shop to see Russ, and were going to stop in to see me on the way back.  So then I didn't know whether or not I would have time to go out or not.  I needed to get to the store to get pickle fixin's for the pool party tomorrow, and I really need to get a load of clothes to Goodwill, but I ended up staying at the house.

I ate some lunch, and talked to Lisa.  She called to ask if I had made plans for a cake for Eve's birthday tomorrow.  I hadn't given it a thought, and I knew that Dad wouldn't have done anything, so I called and ordered a cake.

For some reason I couldn't seem to get out of the kitchen today.  Everything I prepared and ate seemed to require an inordinate amount of cleaning-up afterwards. 

Miss Kat and Dana ended up being at the shop for three hours (!!)  By the time they got to the house they were ready to kick back for a while, which we did, catching up and sporadically watching snatches of RuPaul's Drag Race, which happened to be on telly when they came in.  There was a marathon on Logo today. 

When they left, I was feeling entirely too relaxed and lazy to do much.  I grew to the sofa for a while, but eventually decided I had to do something.  After preparing and eating a huge supper, I cleaned up the kitchen, made the bed, and headed for the store.  I picked up some odds and ends, but the main reason for going was to pick up cucumbers for the Korean refrigerator pickles I was making for tomorrow.  I knew my schedule would be tight all day tomorrow, and it would be a big leg up to get the pickles done tonight.

So I came home and made pickles, then put in a load of towels.  I was glad I got that done, at least. 

No comments: