Monday, April 9, 2012

A post in which we re-hash the trip

I returned to work, pleasantly surprised to find that I wasn't as behind as I thought I would be. I had done so much other stuff waiting for the things I needed for what had to be done last week that there was very little month end left to do.

I balanced my checkbook today, and found (pleasantly, and to my surprise) that my income tax return had already been deposited to my checking account. I also found (less pleasantly, and also to my surprise) that I have spent pretty much the whole thing. But I have the deposits down for two trips and paid them off with the refund, I have a little in my savings account, and I didn't spend nearly as much as I thought I would this past weekend, so things are OK, I just don't get any more treats (the two trips were my treat this year).

Billy invited Rhonda and me over for pizza tonight to chew over the trip. It was relaxed and laid back. We sat out on the porch, talked about the trip, and got each other's impressions of things that happened.

It wasn't a perfect event - I really wanted to be there to support Rhonda when she ran into Jaimie, and was there neither time. I would have liked to have been able to play (I *needs* me a whoopin'!). But I had a good time. The food thing was a hassle, but I didn't mind as much as I thought I would. I was surprised at how nice the people were overall.

No comments: