Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A post in which I go shopping

Eve sent me a text early this morning to put dinner off until tomorrow, which was fine with me. I had errands I needed run after being gone for four days, and the reprieve gave me a bit of breathing space.

I had shopping to do tonight. I was completely out of cat litter, which is a Defcon-1 level alert at my house. When I stopped at the shopping center though, I felt myself wandering in to Marshall's Home Store for really no good reason. I was half-way looking for some new underwear, in my continuing quest to upgrade my underwear to date level. I found one pair that fit my criteria that I would pay for. I also looked at the shoes, because I kind of need a new brown pair for work. Although they didn't have any in my size, they had a nice pair in Logan's size, so I picked them up for him.

Then I remembered - I have to buy a bathing suit. I have resisted it mightily; because I would pretty much rather eat dirt, but my old one just looks bad. I love it, but it's time. But men's swimsuits are just. Ugly. It's been a while since I even saw a pair I wanted to take my pants off to try on. Tonight was no exception, but I made myself take five to the dressing room. The ones I kind thought I might like were too small, and the ones that fit me were hideous. So the search will continued. I really need one before I go to the beach next month with the bears. I can't go looking all raggedy.

I looked around in Marshall's for a bit. There were several things I needed that I hadn't thought about until I got in there. Then I began to realize that my feet were hurting. The neuralgia I started getting in my feet during chemo is still a problem, and it was really bothering me tonight. I'm sure it was partially because I overdid it this weekend.

So I hobbled out of the store and over to the pet store for cat litter, and then to the car. Then I had to go to CVS. By the time I got home and got the car unloaded, I was ready to NOT move for a while. Then I realized I hadn't been to the grocery store. So after eating some supper and sitting down for a while, I had to get dressed again and go back out. When I got home I just got ready for bed and turned in.

No comments: